Wednesday 5 December 2012

Clean on me, Part 1... Skin care routine - Morning!

Over the past year and a half, I have tried out a lot of new skin care products.
Some I really liked and others didn't really do anything for me.

So recently I have gone back to some old products, that I know works with my skin.
But still I have a number of products in this routine, that I found during my try outs!

I will probably still be trying out new products once in a while, but for the moment, my skin really reacts positively to this routine.

Just to summarise, I have very sensitive skin, and it's dehydrated, especially on the cheeks.
But I also have problems with blackheads, large pores, redness and the occasional pimple.
So with my skin care, I aim both to hydrate, but also to deep clean and keep impurities to a minimum, with products that doesn't irritate my skin.

So this is my morning skin care routine.


Clean:

I alternate between two cleansers.

1. Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub:
I use this, the days where I wash my hair, so every other day.
I really feel, that I have a big impact on the amounts of blackheads on my face.
And also it removes death skin cells, without being to abrasive.

2. Lavera Cleansing Gel:
This a organic and very mild cleanser, but still in really cleans my skin.
I know, that not every one likes a gel cleanser, but this really lathers up nicely.
I has a very subtle and nice scent.
I have used it for years, and every time I stray from it, I regret it!

Tone and moisturise:

One of the things my skin reacts very strongly to, is alcohol - So I can't use a normal toner, which often have a high content of alcohol.
So instead I've used a face mist/water.

3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir:
I started using this 6 months ago, and I saw an instant difference in my skin.
I don't get as many pimples and my skin looks more radiant and hydrated.
The scent is the only downside, but nothing I can't live with.

After my success with the Beauty Elixir, I decided to try out their serum.

4. Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum:
This has been a live changer - It has really solved the problem I have had with dehydrated skin.
Normally when the weather turns colder, I get dry patches all over my face, and I haven't after I started using this.
I love the smell, which is very fresh and subtle.

One of the things I have tried a lot of, is moisturiser.
But I haven't found anything, I really liked.
So I decided to go back to an old favourite.

5. Weleda Almond Smoothing Facial Cream:
This is not a miracle cream, but it do the job, and I really like it!
And for the warmer month, you can change it out for the lotion, which is lighter.

And as I'm approaching 30, I realised, that I also need an eye cream.

6. Origins Ginzing Eye Cream:
I haven't tried any other eye creams, so I don't have much of a frame of reference.
But I like it, and it definitely brighten.
I don't have any noticeable wrinkles yet, but when I do, I probably have to change to an eye cream targeting wrinkles!
But I do feel, that this cream really hydrates my eye area.

So I really feel, these product suits my needs very well.
However I still really like to find a miracle day moisturiser - Any ideas?
But otherwise, I will not stray from these products!

Look out for part 2 with my evening skin care routine and extra treatments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...