Monday 24 December 2012

A Merry Christmas to all... Review and Swatch - MAC Rose Pigment

So today is the 24th of December!
In Denmark we celebrate Christmas on the 24th and soon I will be heading down to my fathers house, and enjoy a great meal and get (hopefully) lots of presents :-)

I have planed my Christmas outfit for weeks and once I saw Tanja Burr using Rose Pigment from MAC in a simple Christmas tutorial, I knew, it would be perfect for my Christmas make up look.
So I had to have it!



This is my first pigment from MAC, and I must say, the price put me of a bit at first - but I really wanted it, and I think it will last me almost forever!

And OMG, it's such a mess to apply and work with.
You really need to be careful.
I have used a flat eyeshadow brush to apply it, and then blended the edge with a fluffy brush.


It looks very pink/purple, but it does have gold sheen, which gives it kind of a rose gold look!

Unfortunately that didn't really translate on the swatches either!


You see the gold a bit better once it's on the eyes.
But still not, as much as I would like!
(It's just one of whose things, you have to see for your self :-))


I used a neutral base, but I'm actually thinking, that I will use a gold/bronze base for my look today, as I think, that will bring out the gold even more.

I will probably not be buying any more MAC pigments, but I really like this one, and can't wait to experiment even more with it.
I really think, you can create some great and interesting, but still wearable looks with it.

I'm planing to do a Christmas Nail, Make up (and maybe even outfit) post, so keep a look out for that one, if you want to see, what I ended up with :-)

And last but not least - Merry Christmas <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...