Monday 12 November 2012

Lucky me... Review - New CID Cosmetics products!

I was very lucky and got picked by GOODIEBOX (the danish equivalent to Glossybox, Birchbox etc.) to try out some New CID Cosmetics products.

I didn't have many expectations, I had heard of the brand but nothing big.


However when I saw the products, I had a clear idea of which would be my favourite and which would be my least favourite.
But I were very surprised, when I tried them out, and totally had a change of heart.





The products:

1. I-Smoulder Smoky Eye Pencil and shadow in Chocolate:
I normally avoid any kind of "two-in-one" or other kind of gimmicky products like this one.
But I really think, that for bringing with you on the go, this is a perfect product.
It takes you from day to night so easy.
I'm not to crazy about the sponge applicator in eye shadow end, and I think you do need to use you finger to blend it.
The liner is great and the triangular design makes it so easy to use.

2. I-Bronze Compact Powder Bronzer:
This is the product, that surprised me the most.
At first glance, I was sure, it would be to dark for my fair skin.
But the marble effect with the lighter colours, make it easy to get the perfect shade.
It's so soft and easy to blend.
I have also (as you will see below) used it for eyeshadow, which it's great for as well.
I use it for contour. It has a very light shimmer, but it's so subtle, that you really can't see it, once it's blended.

New CID Cosmetics I-Bronze
3. Powder Brush:
This was actually the product, I was looking forward to the most.
I really love a good and soft brush.
And this is actually a very nice brush, I just can't find a use for it.
I don't like it for the bronzer as I like a smaller brush for contour.
And for setting powder, I think it's to small.
The bristles are very long, which I don't really like for blusher.
However I have used it for very pigmented blushes, that needs to be applied with a very light hand, which it works very well for.
But I would probably never have brought it myself.

New CID Cosmetics 1. I-Bronze and 2. I-Smoulder in Chocolate.
All in all I'm very impressed with the quality of the products.
They really feel expensive and high quality.
It also made me very interested in trying more of their products.
I really want to try their I-Colour cream shadows.

The look I created:

On the eyes New CID Cosmetics I-Smoulder in Chocolate and I-Bronze on top.
I used the I-Smoulder eyeshadow end first as a base, added a little of the I-Bronze on top as a eye shadow and then the used the liner along my lash line. 
I used the powder brush with Rimmel London Pink Rose blush.

You can read more about New CID Cosmetics and see the whole range here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...