Wednesday 28 November 2012

I Spy... Nail of the day!

Matte polish is so last year - or is it?
These past months, I have seen the matte topcoat pop up everywhere again.
However in a new version, where a shiny topcoat is used to make different designs and create a 3D effect.

I have always loved the matte look, I think it looks very sophisticated.
And matte black with a metallic, is in my mind the perfect match!

So I tried this look, but jazzed with this shiny top coat design!

Rimmel London black Cab with Matte topcoat from ELF and OPI Goldeneye.
I my mind, I had this idea of zebra stripes, but that didn't work out to well.
So I went for some artistic lines, and to do them I used a dotting tool.

 I got the dotting tools on Ebay.co.uk, and they came all the way from Hong Kong, in this really old school envelope.

The polishes I used:

Rimmel London Black Cab and OPI Goldeneye.
Rimmel London Black Cab:
My far my favourite black ever!
So easy to apply and can actually be opaque in one coat - I did two.

OPI Goldeneye:
As so many other nail polish lovers, I had to have this polish, and it didn't let me down.
However I would probably apply three coats next time, I use it.

Both are available on ASOS.com.

For the matte top coat, I used the one from ELF, you can buy it here.

And then I used my usual Sally Hansen Topcoat.


I really, think this look is amazing, and I have renewed my love to black polish and matte topcoat.

So I hope, you enjoyed, and might like to try it out yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...