Sunday 7 October 2012

Autumn Eye Love... Review - Rimmel London Glam Eyes Shadow in Backstage and Fancy Topaz.

One of my first posts was about the Glam Eyes Shadow in Spicy Bronze (see it here), and I was very impressed with that shadow.

So I had high hopes for the Neon summer collection, but they really let me down (see my post about them here).

So I had very mixed expectation, when I decided to buy two of the new autumn colours.

However I'm very happy to say, that the Neon Collection clearly was an exception!

Swatches:

Fancy Topaz & Backstage.
Both shadows are very smooth and pigmented as the Spicy Bronze, and they have the perfect metallic finish.

Fancy Topaz (no. 171):
This might seem quite scary to some, but I love these bronzy reds especially for autumn.
(I will soon be doing post showing how to wear reds on the eyes).
It's looking very orange in the picture, it's more berry red in real life.

Backstage (no.102):
This is just the perfect taupe. It's cool toned without being to grey.
I have never owned or seen MAC Satin Taupe in real life, but I don't feel like, I need it, when I have this one.

The result:

As with Spicy Bronze, this shadows are actually great on their own all over the lid.
So let see how they look on the eyes.

For both I packed them on with a ELF Eye Shadow brush.

Rimmel London Backstage
Rimmel London Fancy Topaz
The Fancy Topaz might be a little much alone for most people, but Backstage are great alone all over the lid even for the shy ones :-)

Final opinion:

I really love these shadows and the price are great (DKK 50,- around 4,5 Pounds).
They apply like a dream and because of their great pigmentation and almost "wet" look, they are great on their own as well as together with other shadows.

So I'll with out a doubt be buying more off these! 
(just staying clear of the mat ones!)

Stay turned for an autumn eye look, where I use these shadows:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...