Sunday 2 September 2012

Lip Fight... Product battle - Revlon Lip Butters vs. L'Oréal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick

My friend brought me some Revlon Lip butters from USA a while ago, as we don't have Revlon in Denmark.
I really like them, but was very tempted to try the L'Oréal Caresse lipstick, which was said to be their version of the lip butters.
However they are not yet available in Denmark.

So on my trip to London, I picked up two of the Caresse Lipsticks.
And I thought, why not compare the two?



Lets start with some swatches:

1. L'Oréal 03 Lovely Rose:
A light rosy pink

2. L'Oréal 301 Dating Coral:
A mid tone warm coral, perfect because it's not to pink and not to orange.

3. Revlon 050 Berry Smoothie:
A darker berry red.

4. Revlon 095 Creme Burlee:
The very famous shade, a sheer nude.

1. L'Oréal Lovely Rose 2. L'Oréal Dating Coral 3. Revlon Berry Smoothie 4. Revlon Creme Burlee.
Head to head!:

Even from the swatches it's easy to see a difference.
The lip butters don't go on as smooth and even as the Caresse.

The Caresse are much more like a sheer lipstick and are also marketed as such, where the Lip butters do live up to their idea as a tinted lip balm.

However if I feel that my lips need a good conditioning lip product, I would never go a either of these,  but a normal lip balm.

So for me these are in stead of a lipstick or a lipgloss.

The Caresse lipsticks are very smooth and seems hydrating as well, but they do have a better colour pay  of.

I think, that both products have great packing, but I do prefer the smell of the L'Oréal ones.


Conclusion:

I don't dislike either of them, but should I choose and if I'm going to buy more, it's going to be the L'Oréal Caresse Lipsticks.
Sorry Revlon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...