Monday 17 September 2012

Glow Stick?? No Glow Skin!... Product Review - Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.

One of my big London buys was Nars Sheer Glow foundation.

Nars is unfortunately not available in Denmark, so my London trip was my first and probably my last chance (for a while a least) to get it.



I didn't get it until the last day, and had actually at that time decided not to get it, because I had spend to much money already.
But then I walked by the Nars counter in Selfridges, and I couldn't resist.
So I had the salesman match me up and apply it on me - and I was sold!

I really like having an expensive foundation, and for the past year it has been Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, but it's just not the right colour for me.

Now Nars Sheer Glow is my new expensive foundation, and this is my thoughts so far.

I'm going to do this review a little different, than I normally do.
I'm going to do a pro/con, then off cause the pictures and then I'm going to add a picture, when I have done all my make up.
The last picture is, so that you can see, how the foundation "works" together with the rest of my make up.

Product Pros:
Wide shade selection (I'm the shade Mont Blanc)
Perfect natural finish - not mat, but not to dewy either.
Easy to apply and blend (I use the Real Technique Buffing Brush)
Medium coverage - Just the way I like it.
Lasts longer, than my other foundations.

Product cons:
The packaging - Why don't it have a pump?
That it's not available in Danish stores.

Now for the pictures:

Before:

After:
Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc applied with a Real Technique Buffing brush.
With full face!:
I'm wearing Benefit Hervana on my cheeks and Barry M Lip gloss in no. 5 on my lips.

So from the above it should be quite clear, that I love this foundation.
The price however bothers me a bit, but I'm not going to use it every day, so it will probably last me for quite a while.

Also, I loved the service, I got at the Nars Counter, and had it not been, that I was on a budget, I would probably have brought some other things as well.
I really want to try one of their blushes.

As I said, Nars is not available in shops in Denmark, but we can order it online at Nars' European web shop.
However I would never recommend buying an expensive foundation, before trying it out!
But if you are curious, you can get more information and buy here.




2 comments:

  1. do you still love this foundation? im undecided between nars sheer glow and mac face and body i have a really red face but face and body was ok the first time around, except i got the wrong colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,

      Yes, it still my favourite foundation - great coverage without looking cakey.

      I haven't tried face and body, so unfortunately I can't tell you if they are comparable.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...