Saturday 9 June 2012

Best and worse.... ELF hits and misses!

I was kind of obsessed with ELF for a while.
So I have tried a lot of their products.
Some of them are great and I use them very often and some of them I have thrown out, because they were just crap.

So to spare you some crap buys and tell you what to try, here are my best and worse ELF products.

However please note, that this is my personal opinion. So please don't be offended if you favourite product is included in my worse.
And also, if you really feel like trying some of the products on the worse list, go a head, with the prices ELF offers, you won't have lost that much:-)

Actually the prices and their ongoing offers are one of my favourite things about the site.

Hits:




1. Mineral Eyeliner:
So soft and easy to apply. Better than any other kohl liner I have ever tried.
I only have the dark blue, but I waiting for stock, so that I can get the other colours.

2. Brushes (in the picture Studio Powder Brush):
I have tried brushes from all three lines (Basis, Studio and Mineral).
I have only tried eye brushes from the basic line, but they are great!
I have tried both face and eye brushes from the mineral line and the mineral line.
Amongst my top favourite are Studio Powder brush, Mineral Complexion brush (use it for blush), Mineral Angled blush brush (for contour and highlighter), Studio small angled brush (for eyebrows).

3. Studio Brow kit (my colour: Kit):
This is probably my favourite ELF product.
I have quit big and "bushy" (thank you dad :-)), but there are big spaces between the hairs.
The wax do the perfect job of grooming them and together with the powder it fills in the "gabs" perfectly, without looking unnatural.
And the colour is just perfect!

4. Mineral Eyeshadow in Natural.
The swatches for this shadow on the site is so bad!!
It doesn't look like anything on the picture, but it the most perfect bronzy-golden with a hint of blue iridescence all over the lid colour.
It goes on so smooth and nice, and I use it alone for lazy days or for nice bronzy/brown looks.

1. Studio Blush Peachy Keen 2. Mineral Shadow Natural 3. Shimmer eyeliner pencil Boldly Bronzed.
5. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil (Boldly Bronzed):
I love this liner, when I do a every day bronzed look.
And at 1,5 £ you can't go wrong.
I also like the colour Gunmetal.

6. Nail polish:
They have a great colour selection, and at that price, you can try every colour.
You would never know, that this was a polish, that only costs 1,50 £.
I have a lot of them, and non of them have disappointed me.
My favourites are Fair Pink (picture), Copper, Twinkle, Dark Navy and Royal Purple.

7. Studio Blusher (Peachy keen):
They are very nice for the price. I do prefer a high-end blushes, but I still use the ELF blushes regularly.
My favourite is Peachy keen. It is a very nice light shimmer peach, that gives a very nice glow to your cheeks.
If you are darker, Candid Coral will probably be better, as Peachy keen is quite light.
I also have Tickled Pink, which I'm not crazy about. I find it quite chalky, but I might just have gotten a bad one, because I have heard other rave about it.
I also  have Berry Merry, which I used a lot over the winter.
The Blush and Bronzer duo is great as well. Love the blush and the Bronzer is actually very nice as well.
I have tried the Basic blushes as well, and love Innocence, but they don't have that one any more.

8. Healthy Glow Powder in Luminance (not in picture):
I have used this for a highlighter, which it's works great as!


Misses:
1. Mineral Eye Brightener: 
It just seems like a mineral eyeshadow!
And it's very yellow, which doesn't do anything for my eye area!

2. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation:
My biggest issue with this foundation is the smell. It smells awful!!
The finish is so shiny. I like dewy, but you just look like a "wet-face".
And it applies so streaky!
And also the lightest colour (Porcelain) was way to dark for me!

3. Studio Radiance Enhancer:
This is a very weird consistency, which make it very hard to blend.

4. Studio Concealer:
It is very hard and not very creamy, which makes it hard to blend into the skin.
So instead of concealing it highlights any dry spot!

5. Brightening eyecolour:
I think, that this proves, that there is such a thing as to cheap make up.
The packing is crap, it looks like children's play make up!
The eye shadows are okay, so if you don't have many shadows, it would be okay to a begin with.

6. Mineral Lipstick (Runway pink):
The colour is great.
But it's so cakey!
The lipsticks from the basic line are so much better!

7. Hypershine Lip gloss:
I hate the smell, it's like my little pony gone bad!
And it's very sticky.
I'm actually not to impressed with any of their lip glosses!

So this was my thoughts, I hope it helped some of you.

Keep it cool <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...