Tuesday 15 May 2012

Same, same, but different... Product battle - M.A.C Paintpot vs. Benefit creaseless cream.

So we all know the M.A.C Paintpots, they are very well loved and mentioned all over the online beauty community.

But what if, there were something better out there??!!
(Oh yes, I really mean it!:-))

By mistake I ended up with both a Paintpot and Creaseless Cream from Benefit in pretty much the same colour.

The colours I got are M.A.C Rubenesque and Benefit Sippin' n dippin'.



I did have a Creaseless Cream already in an other colour, which I did prefer to my Paintpot. But I actually thought that was mainly because of the colour.

But now I have compared the Rubenesque and Sippin' and Dippin', and I'm in no doubt - I do prefer the Creaseless Cream!

So why do I like the creaseless cream better?

Staying power:
I have even worn them, as a base, on one eye each on the same day, to compare the staying power.
At the end of the day, the eye with the Paintpot had creased a bit, but the Creaseless Cream was still going strong!

Packaging:
I'm in love with all packaging from Benefit (I'm really digging the retro style :-)).
But when comparing the two, I do also prefer the Benefit, as it's much slicker and lighter than the M.A.C.

Colour and texture:
As mentioned they are almost identical in colour, but there are a slight difference.
Sippin' n dippin' has a more pinkybrown undertone, where Rubenesque is more orange/yellow.
Rubenesque is much more glittery gold, where sippin' n dippin' doesn't have much glitter, but more of a metallic look, which I do prefer, as I mainly use it for a base.

1. Sippin' n dippin' 2. Rubenesque

Texture wise, it's my impression, that the Creaseless Creams are thicker and more "firm". I know that many would probably prefer the lighter Paintpot, but I do like, that I really feel, that it even outs my eyelids.
And I also think, that is why the Creaseless cream do a better job, at keeping the eye shadows at their place all day.

Price:
The M.A.C Paintpots are £ 14,50 for 5g
The Creaseless Creams are £ 14 4,5g.
So actually the Paintpot might be a better deal.
But I have bought all of mine Creaseless Creams at a very good price on Cheapsmells.co.uk(Link).
I have paid from £ 6-7,50.
But even though I had to pay full price, I would still go for the Benefit Creaseless Cream over the M.A.C Paintpot.



So if you are in doubt about which one to pick, I would recommend the Benefit Creaseless Cream.

By the way, my favourite is Recess. But I also have Bunny Hop, which is great to:-)

Keep it creamy <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...