Thursday 26 April 2012

Prime light... Product review - L'Oréal Paris LUMI Magique Primer!

So as promised, my thoughts on the Lumi primer, that L'Oréal released together with a foundation and a concealer.
See my review of the foundation!

The whole line is pretty much all about the light!
And that is very apparent in this product.

It's a basically a white pearly light creme.


And to be honest, I don't know why, they are calling this a primer!
In my world a primer is a "creme", that evens out you skin, minimise pores and makes your foundation last longer.
And this one do none of the above!

However a quick look at the product, does actually let you know, that it doesn't promise to do these things.
It says " to enchance radience" and on L'Oreals website is says the following "A light replenishing base which illuminates the skin. It may be used as a base or alone. A fresh, light and silky soft formula that provides 8 hours of hydration".

As you can see on the picture above, it does have a very noticeable illuminating effect.
However this effect is not very noticeable once, you have applied a foundation.
I have tried to take pictures with and without it under a foundation, and decided not to include them, as you couldn't see the difference at all!

So to sum it up, as a primer, it's pretty much worthless.
However I do really like as a highlighter, which they in my opinion should have marketed as.
I also like to blend it with my foundation for an extra illuminating effect.

So if you are looking for a primer - Don't buy it!
If you are looking for a highlighter to use alone or to blend with you foundation - Do buy it!

Come back soon for another primer review!

Keep it cool <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...