Sunday 1 April 2012

The magic of light... A review - L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique foundation.

First of all, for those of you, who actually follow this blog (Hi mom :-)), I'm sorry, I haven't posted anything in a while.
I just haven't had the energy or inspiration.
That is kind of the story of my life.
I always start out very strong, and then I loose interest.
However I have been trying some new things, that I wanted to share with you.



Actually I bought this product totally unplanned. I was very interested in the primer from the line (which I also bought). But didn't think I needed another foundation.
But as I have said before I'm always on the hunt for that perfect foundation for very pale skin!
So when I saw the lightest colour in the line and the effect, I just needed to try it out.

Coverage:
I think the coverage is very light.
So for summer it will probably be the perfect choice for many people.
First I thought it was to light coverage to my taste. But I have actually been enjoying using it for lazy days, and days very I haven't felt like a "full-face-make-up".

Colour range:
As the L'oreal True Match foundation, there is a big range of colours.
I'm bought the shade C1 Rose Pearl.
It is still not the perfect shade for me, but I is okay.

How does it apply?:
It is very thin in consistency.
I apply it, as I also do with all my other foundations, with an ELF Studio Powder brush.
And unfortunately this foundation does apply a little streaky, which I'm so not a fan of.

Does it Illuminate?:
Yes, I really think it does.
Not in a Disco ball way, but a nice and subtle way.
And let's face it, it is all about the a healthy illuminating skin this spring.

The pictures :-)

Before

After

I do think it photographs quite well.
Staying power:
As I said before no foundation is going to last all day on my skin.
But I do think this one is good.
Even after a nap, it isn't totally rubbed of.

Conclusion:
This is not my new favourite/perfect foundation.
But I'm going to use it, and will probably get even more use of it, when the weather is getting hotter.
Also I would recommend it, if you are looking for a light coverage foundation, that gives you a healthy look.

Stay turned for the review of the primer/base from the same line.

Until then, keep it cool:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...