Wednesday 22 February 2012

Is it really time to wake up?... Product review - Rimmel London Wake me up Foundation

Love doesn't always come at first sight - sometimes it takes a little longer :-)

I wasn't impressed at first. I thought it was way to heavy and couldn't see the "glow" effect at all.
However after trying it a few times, I'm much more postive.



Information about the product:

Coverage:
Medium.

Colour range:
 There is 6 colours, which isn't ideal. So the colour I have (ivory), which should be the lightest, isn't a perfect match for me.
However I do have a hard time finding my perfect match in any foundation, as I have very fair skin.

Finish:
It isn't super illuminating or dewy. But it is not a mat finish either.
Actually in my opinion it has the perfect finish.

Staying power:
No foundation lasts a whole day on my skin.
I think this one has an average staying power, not better or worse, than other foundations I have tried.

How best to apply it.
You don't need very much. I think, that was one of the mistakes I made, the first time I used it.
I use a flat top powder brush from ELF to apply it.
This way you get a very natural finish, and it's very easy to blend even though it's quite thick.

Does it keep its promise?
"Visibly rewakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural-looking finish"
As mentioned, I didn't see the illuminating effect at first.
However on pictures you notice a very nice a subtle glow, and in daylight you really see the radiance.
Also I do think it's a very natural finish.
Before:
(Yes, I don't have perfect skin... but who does?)


After:

This is one thin layer with a primer, but nothing else (not even concealer).
Conclusion:
We had a hard start, but now I'm actually quite happy about it.
I haven't used any other foundation since, I got it.
However I'm not sure if, I would buy it again, just because, I don't think it is the perfect match for me.
And of cause I'm looking for my perfect match.
However if I should get a little colour this summer, if would be perfect :-)

For more information about the product, click here!

So any of you have a good recommendation for a foundation for very fair skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...